:: The Cellphones ::April 14, 2007

ARGH! Why is it so hard for me to turn them on?!


Sexual connotations aside, this really pisses me off.

I don’t know if it’s just me, or phone manufacturers are giving incentives to people who read the manuals before trying to operate a phone. Sadly, I never had the luxury of opening up a phone from the box as units were more often than not handed to me in a paper bag for purposes of review.

It’s the Nokias ladies and gents. The Nokias get me all the time. I felt so useless trying to open up that — that lipstick phone of theirs because it needed a special pin that released a mechanism within the phone to open it up. And then there were those other phones that - for the love of all things tech - hid the SIM slot underneath the miniSD slot. Of course, I’m a master of this treacherous form of deceit now, but back then it was just so pitiful how I tried to insert the SIM card into the miniSD carriage, forcing it to be THE CORRECT ONE.

ph2007040500850.jpg



Thankfully, I’m not the only one at a loss for learning how to turn on a device. The Washinton Post’s tech guy was also confounded about how to turn on a Nokia N93, as the standard way of turning it on didn’t work.

Wait I’m not done yet! And every time Nokia decides to release a new, upgraded line of phones, why does the charger ends always have to change? Can’t they do a Motorola instead and ust use mini USBs?

Labels: , ,


<< Home