:: The Cellphones ::February 01, 2007

The Practical Nokia N800 Guide



The guys over at Mobile Crunch have posted a real world use review of the N800, placing it into the pseudo-laptop category. Pseudo what?? Well here’s the beef:

I don’t think that the N800 can completely replace a laptop and even a trip of four or five days (for me at least) would be a stretch with just the N800 but since starting to use it I have found that while traveling I don’t pull my PC and during a number of conferences I have used the N800 for note-taking, liveblogging and keeping myself entertained during boring presentations.

So it seems that the N800 is a life support vest for the traveling geek that always needs to check email, surf the web and make some calls over VoIP. This discerning market also wants to have the freedom of not being able to lug around and “unsleep” a huge laptop (the N800 has an instant on feature too) but have the convenience of a really bright screen.

Tag: Cell Phone, ell phone, Nokia, Unwired Oddities, VoIP, Wi Fi

Labels: ,


<< Home